The Navhind Times
Friday, 21 Aug 2026
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Goa News
  • National News
  • World News
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Letters to Editor
    • Commentary
  • Magazines
    • B & C
    • Buzz
    • Zest
    • Panorama
    • Kuriocity
  • Kuriocity
  • GoGoaNow
  • Contact us
  • 🔥
  • Top
  • Goa News
  • Featured
  • National News
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Buzz
  • Editorial
  • Letters to Editor
  • Commentary
Font ResizerAa
The Navhind TimesThe Navhind Times
  • Home
  • Goa News
  • National News
  • World News
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Opinion
  • Magazines
  • Kuriocity
  • GoGoaNow
  • Contact us
Search
  • Home
  • Goa News
  • National News
  • World News
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Letters to Editor
    • Commentary
  • Magazines
    • B & C
    • Buzz
    • Zest
    • Panorama
    • Kuriocity
  • Kuriocity
  • GoGoaNow
  • Contact us
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
National News

Shah slams Cong’s 2-stanza Vande Mataram decision

nt
Last updated: August 21, 2026 12:25 am
nt
Share
SHARE

PTI

New Delhi

The row over Vande Mataram intensified on Thursday with Union Home Minister Amit Shah launching a no-holds-barred attack on the Congress, alleging that its decision to sing just two stanzas of Vande Mataram was “anti-national” and aimed at appeasing its vote bank in defiance of the law.

The Congress hit back, with senior party leader Jairam Ramesh calling BJP leaders “fraudulent nationalists” and accusing Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Shah of politicising the national song to divert attention  from the government’s failures on people’s concerns, including those of students.

The war of words followed the Congress Working Committee›s decision on Wednesday to sing only two stanzas of the national song, instead of its full rendition. This widened into a broader Congress-BJP confrontation, with both parties invoking Partition, nationalism and history to justify their positions on how Vande Mataram should be rendered at political events.

Criticising the CWC decision, Shah traced the history of Partition.

 and emphasised the consequences the nation suffered following the truncation of Vande Mataram, which he called a «historic mistake».

In a statement posted on X, Shah said the CWC decision to sing only two stanzas of Vande Mataram instead of the full rendition is not only «anti-national» but also an «open defiance of the law» enacted by Parliament.

«In 1937, for the sake of appeasement, it was the Congress itself that fragmented Vande Mataram into two parts. From there, the two-nation theory gained strength, leading to the partition of the country.  «On the 150th anniversary of Vande Mataram, the Modi government corrected this historic mistake and gave the full song legal form. But under Rahul Gandhi›s leadership, the Congress is once again treading the path of appeasement for the sake of its vote bank,» Shah said.

He further said that fragmenting Vande Mataram had already happened once, and the nation suffered the consequences.

TAGGED:Top
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article High Court bench for Ladakh approved
Next Article Southern states bat for talks to resolve water disputes

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
- Advertisement -

You Might Also Like

World News

20 children, 1 adult killed in Uganda school bus crash

By nt
FeaturedNational News

Oil tanker comes under attack, Indian crew members rescued

By nt
World News

Massive Russian attack kills 18 people across Ukraine, officials say

By nt
Goa News

House tax hike, denial of voice spark outrage at Santa Cruz gram sabha

By nt
The Navhind Times
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss Medium

About US

The Navhind Times – Goa News

The Navhind Times, the first and largest circulated English Daily from Goa, has earned the trust, respect and loyalty of the Goans by virtue of its objective reporting, commentaries, features and breaking goa news. It was launched by the House of Dempos, a pioneer in the industrial development of Goa, on February 18, 1963 soon after Goa was liberated from the Portuguese rule.

Top Categories
Usefull Links
  • Android App Privacy Policy
  • Contact us

© The Navhind Times. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?