The Navhind Times
Friday, 21 Aug 2026
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Goa News
  • National News
  • World News
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Letters to Editor
    • Commentary
  • Magazines
    • B & C
    • Buzz
    • Zest
    • Panorama
    • Kuriocity
  • Kuriocity
  • GoGoaNow
  • Contact us
  • 🔥
  • Top
  • Goa News
  • Featured
  • National News
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Buzz
  • Editorial
  • Letters to Editor
  • Commentary
Font ResizerAa
The Navhind TimesThe Navhind Times
  • Home
  • Goa News
  • National News
  • World News
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Opinion
  • Magazines
  • Kuriocity
  • GoGoaNow
  • Contact us
Search
  • Home
  • Goa News
  • National News
  • World News
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Letters to Editor
    • Commentary
  • Magazines
    • B & C
    • Buzz
    • Zest
    • Panorama
    • Kuriocity
  • Kuriocity
  • GoGoaNow
  • Contact us
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
World News

Prince Harry to move back to UK with wife Meghan, kids within weeks: Reports

nt
Last updated: August 21, 2026 1:23 am
nt
Share
SHARE

London: Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle have decided to move back to the UK with their two children later this month but will remain non-working members of the royal family, according to UK media reports. 

Harry, the younger son of King Charles III, relocated with his family to the US six years ago after stepping back from frontline royal duties.

The 41-year-old and his former Hollywood actress wife are expected to reside in a non-royal residence outside London, media reports said late on Wednesday. The couple are said to have enrolled their children, seven-year-old Prince Archie and five-year-old Princess Lilibet, in a British school from the start of the new term in September.

Buckingham Palace said it does not comment on developments related to non-working members of the royal family. However, it is understood that the King was made aware of the move, first reported in ‘The Daily Telegraph’ and ‘The Sun’, on Sunday.

The matter had not been discussed when Harry and Meghan, 45, were hosted at Charles’ Highgrove home in Gloucestershire for a “private family occasion” last month, when the King met his two grandchildren after a long hiatus. 

While it is expected that the King naturally welcomes the opportunity to see more of his younger son and his family in a private and personal capacity, there will be no alteration to their role and status as private individuals. This is seen as in keeping with the couple’s clearly expressed wishes and agreement since 2020, as there remains no “half in and half out” option in terms of official royal duties. 

There have been no official statements from either the palace or the Duke and Duchess Sussex’s representatives. Harry has previously expressed serious concerns for the security of his family, with him even resorting to legal avenues to ensure high-level armed protection despite being a non-working royal.

British Prime Minister Andy Burnham said their security would be a “private matter”.

“It’s a matter for Harry and Meghan, and we wish them well in the move that they’re making,” he said, responding to a question about whether the government would foot the bill for the family’s protection when they return to the UK.

The UK Home Office insisted the government’s protective security system is “rigorous and proportionate”.

“It is our long-standing policy not to provide detailed information on those arrangements, as doing so could compromise their integrity and affect individuals’ security,” a spokesperson said. 

After losing a court battle over the security issue last year, Prince Harry had said he hoped to rebuild relations with his family.

“I would love reconciliation with my family. There’s no point in continuing to fight anymore… I don’t know how much longer my father has,” he told the BBC, referencing the King’s ongoing cancer treatment. 

The Sussexes, as the couple is known, have had a tumultuous relationship with the royal family since relocating to a mansion in the exclusive southern California enclave of Montecito in 2020. Harry, who remains fifth in the line of succession to the British throne, has had a particularly stormy relationship with his older brother and future king William.

In his explosive memoir ‘Spare’, he said he left Britain to escape the restrictions of royal life and criticised palace officials for being insensitive to his wife’s mental health. There had also been allegations that at least one member of the royal family had expressed racist views when Meghan, who is bi-racial, was pregnant with their first child.

The palace had described the claims as “concerning” and famously issued a statement to say that “recollections may vary” and will be dealt with privately.

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Bangladesh gets new President Fakhrul
Next Article Russian missile, drone barrage kills 16 in Kyiv region

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
- Advertisement -

You Might Also Like

World News

Iran deal largely negotiated, Hormuz opening discussed: Trump

By nt
World News

UK police continue search at Andrew’s former Royal Lodge

By nt
FeaturedWorld News

Iran intensifies attacks on Gulf energy sites

By nt
World News

Horrified by mounting violence against protesters in Iran: UN

By nt
The Navhind Times
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss Medium

About US

The Navhind Times – Goa News

The Navhind Times, the first and largest circulated English Daily from Goa, has earned the trust, respect and loyalty of the Goans by virtue of its objective reporting, commentaries, features and breaking goa news. It was launched by the House of Dempos, a pioneer in the industrial development of Goa, on February 18, 1963 soon after Goa was liberated from the Portuguese rule.

Top Categories
Usefull Links
  • Android App Privacy Policy
  • Contact us

© The Navhind Times. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?