The Navhind Times
Thursday, 20 Aug 2026
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Goa News
  • National News
  • World News
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Letters to Editor
    • Commentary
  • Magazines
    • B & C
    • Buzz
    • Zest
    • Panorama
    • Kuriocity
  • Kuriocity
  • GoGoaNow
  • Contact us
  • 🔥
  • Top
  • Goa News
  • Featured
  • National News
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Buzz
  • Editorial
  • Letters to Editor
  • Commentary
Font ResizerAa
The Navhind TimesThe Navhind Times
  • Home
  • Goa News
  • National News
  • World News
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Opinion
  • Magazines
  • Kuriocity
  • GoGoaNow
  • Contact us
Search
  • Home
  • Goa News
  • National News
  • World News
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Letters to Editor
    • Commentary
  • Magazines
    • B & C
    • Buzz
    • Zest
    • Panorama
    • Kuriocity
  • Kuriocity
  • GoGoaNow
  • Contact us
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Goa News

Why no FIR against BJP youth wing: GPCC over Dabolim stir

nt
Last updated: August 20, 2026 1:16 am
nt
Share
SHARE

Panaji: The Goa Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) on Wednesday accused Goa Police of conspiring with BJP Yuva Morcha (BJYM), whose members held a protest outside Dabolim airport and allegedly attempted to block the motorcade of All India Congress Committee (AICC) president Mallikarjun Kharge while he was leaving the airport.

Kharge, who is also the Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha, was in Goa on Monday to attend a Congress convention and meet party leaders.

“He is not just the AICC president but also the Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha with Z-plus security cover, and was a state guest. We see a conspiracy and if Goa Police are not involved, then they should clarify,” said GPCC spokesperson Amit Palekar.

Pointing to an FIR registered by the Goa Police against youths who had recently held a protest in the city for allegedly holding it without permission, Palekar asked, “So why no FIR against BJP youth wing members?” He questioned why the police did not arrest the BJP youth wing members who held the protest outside Dabolim airport, a high-security area.

Palekar was addressing a press briefing at the Congress House in the city on Wednesday. Also present were Mahila Congress president Pratiksha Khalap, Youth Congress president Archit Naik and Seva Dal chief Rajan Ghate.

“Why has the airport authority still not filed a complaint against them? We will not let this just be settled down. We will approach the court,” said Palekar.

The Congress stated that the alleged breach of security arrangements was a serious concern and that such actions could have compromised the security of a protected political leader and posed a potential risk to other persons travelling with the convoy.

The Congress stated that a formal complaint had been lodged seeking appropriate action against those responsible, but an FIR had not been registered despite the alleged security protocol violation.

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Poultry devpt corp plans 5-tier supply network to regulate trade
Next Article GIDC takes up road, drainage and water works across 19 ind estates

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
- Advertisement -

You Might Also Like

Goa News

Karnataka trawler seized off Vasco for fishing in Goan waters

By nt
Goa News

Siolim residents protest midnight power cuts, demand action

By nt
Goa News

FIR registered over remarks against Hindu deity

By nt
Goa News

When India began thinking bigger:12 years of PM Modi’s leadership

By nt
The Navhind Times
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss Medium

About US

The Navhind Times – Goa News

The Navhind Times, the first and largest circulated English Daily from Goa, has earned the trust, respect and loyalty of the Goans by virtue of its objective reporting, commentaries, features and breaking goa news. It was launched by the House of Dempos, a pioneer in the industrial development of Goa, on February 18, 1963 soon after Goa was liberated from the Portuguese rule.

Top Categories
Usefull Links
  • Android App Privacy Policy
  • Contact us

© The Navhind Times. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?